Redefinition of MarriageTweet
As the push for the redefinition of marriage gains momentum, we are concerned to provide resources and tools for Christians to engage in the debate. On this page you will find tips for writing to politicians, sample letters, as well as some examples of how other Christians have engaged in the debate at a local and national level.
Canon Sandy Grant and Tony Payne presented a seminar on Redefining Sex and Marriage: how to think, live and speak as Christians when the world heads in a different direction at Moore College’s Centre for Christian Living on August 26. You can watch the recording here.
- Writing an effective letter to a Member of Parliament
- A sample short letter against marriage redefinition
- A sample longer letter against marriage redefinition
- Letter from Faith Leaders Supporting Marriage
- Marriage: a vital building block in social structure
- Human Sexuality and the 'Same Sex Marriage' Debate: a report of the Sydney Diocesan Doctrine Commission
- Read the Sydney Anglican Doctrine Commission Report
- Further reading on marriage redefinition